Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

What causes inferiority complex and how can it be treated ?

I M a boy of 16 years , in Kolkata,India. Over the past couple of years I have been having problems like inferiority complex , attitude problem etc etc. Now for the last few months I am really having trouble regarding frustration. I am a part of middle class family and evrything around I see frustrates me. I am never happy. My parents do care a lot for me. But I still feel I want to share my thoughts,feelings with someone. I need serious amount of attention,love and care from someone. Can some1 help me ? I am good looking I feel but my height is a bit short compared to my friends[5 6]. Even this creates complexity in me. Can any1 help me please!!!
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  101
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
it seems you are having depression.This is common at this age due to hormonal changes.
Develop self confidence,think positive,
Leave negative thinking and develop courage.
Mix up with your friends and your parents they are always ready to give you love and are ready to share your feelings and thoughts.
You can take advice of psychiatrist and psychologist to overcome your problem.
ok and take care.
Answered: Tue, 12 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Aruna's  Response
Dear Anonymous,
Thanks for choosing healthcare magic as a platform to gain answer to your questions. Your taking this step of moving out of your shell , identifying your problem and asking for help shows that you are a confident and intelligent adoloscent. Often we compare ourselves with those around in terms of our abilities and our material wealth - house, money, clothes etc and as long this is healthy that is pushes to be able to enhance our own abilities or acquire certain materialistic things within our means it is fine. and this makes us feel low and inferior. Each of us is born an individual with absolutely individual perosnality traits and physical traits and with time we can enhance our strenghts as well as work on our weaknesses. So the best person to compare yourself is with your own self. You should try to make a list of your own strenghts and weaknesses and make expectations within your means that is set your goals in accordance with your capabilities. For example if you have been an average performer in a sports despite your best efforts then thats it...thats your capacity for that sport and its best to expect that. Find what you are best at, good at , passionate about and you would start feeling happy.
As far as material desires go , dear, theres no end to its playstation 4 and in the near future there would be playstation 5, 6, 7...but definitely as you say what your parents are doing for you and there love for is precious and will only increase day by day so enjoy your life each day as it comes and compete with your own self.
If you feel your feeling of sadness is beyond you and is affecting your acadmeics, relationsips , appetite sleep etc then you need to get in touch with a psychologist as soon as possible or you can mail me at

Thanks and Regards
Smriti Sawhney
Clinical Psychologist
RCI CRR -A-12344
Answered: Tue, 12 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor