What causes hyperpigmentation around the bridge of the nose?

I have fair skin. Can you tell me what causes the black coloring on each side of the bridge of my nose between my eyes? I do NOT have measurable darkness under or over (around) the eyes, just at the very corners. I was told that excess salt and/or sugar can cause this. Is this correct? Do you know of other causes? And might you have any suggestions to alleviate the darkness? I do not remember my parents or siblings having this issue, so am dismissing hereditary as the cause.

I'd so like to hear from someone. All the info I can find is about dark circles UNDER or AROUND the eyes, which is not the problem I have. Thank you so very much for your input.
Thu, 30 Aug 2018

Do you wear spectacles? The black hyperpigmentation could be due to spectacle nose pad. Other condition could be freckle.

I do not think that excess sugar or salt would cause the rash. The most probable cause of hyperpigmentation on face could be sun exposure.

I recommend you to visit your Dermatologist for arriving at a proper clinical diagnosis and to initiate the treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.