• question-icon

What causes hotter palms and soles in kids?

hello, my baby girl is 10 months old and the palms of her hand and soles of her feet are hot, as if she has fever, can you tell what causes that? the other day her body temperature rose to about 40oC, and was complaining a lot but not crying, you could tell she is trying to tell you something is wrong why? thanks
Tue, 17 Apr 2018
Pediatrician, Pulmonology 's  Response

Fever could be due to many causes respiratory tract infection. If not, then go for urinary infection. Also, check for urine frequency or baby cries episodes during passing urine.

It could also be viral fever, anyhow start Panadol syrup 4 to 6 hourly according to the need and also start syrup Cefim twice a day half teaspoonful (tsf) for 5 days. Do not discontinue in between.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Hina Javed