What causes hormonal imbalance?

hello sir,

i have a hormonal imbalance. that LSH hormone is marginally abnormal. Doctor advised me to take ovral l for 5 weeks. But we are planning for pregnancy for the past one year. y did the doctor asked me to take the pill while we are planning for pregnancy? will that hormone be controlled by taking that pill.? or what other treatment should i take to bring down the hormone level ?
Wed, 5 Jul 2017
Endocrinologist 's  Response
Hello
I have gone through your query.
I can understand your concern.

Ovral is a hormone medication.
It contains 2 hormones: a progestin and an estrogen and it is used to prevent pregnancy.

Lutenizing Hormone, also known as LH, is a hormone that is triggered by your pituitary gland.
It is responsible for regulating your periods and also ovulation. any viable eggs you have remaining in your body.

High levels of LH could indicate that you are in menopause,or If you are younger than 40, high LH levels could suggest premature menopause, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), or a genetic or congenital condition that affects the production of hormones.

I suggets to discuss with your treating doctor about the possible cause of you high LH.This is important for the right treatement.

You mention that you are trying to conceive.
For this reason,If i was your treating doctor i will ask to do the LH test.LH tests can also tell lots about your ovarian reserve and how many viable eggs you have remaining in your body.

-The birth control pills like Ovral supress LH.In my opinion,this is the reason why your doctor prescribed you the pill.

-Yes,that hormone(LH) can be controlled by taking that pill.

-Here are some suggestion to lower LH naturally:
1.Exercise regularly
2.Manage your insulin levels and insulin sensitivity
3.Take Inositol supplements
4.Take Omega 3 supplements
5.Try to manage stress.

Hope i have answered to all your questions.
If you have other doubts,feel free and ask.I will be happy to help.
Best regards.