What causes high white blood counts?

My husbands blood tests came back as he is anemic, high white blood counts and alert platelet levels. He was referred to a blood doctor who sent him in for a CT scan where it looks like it may be his gallbladder according to the radiologist. Could this cause the blood deficiencies or is it his liver function??
Wed, 18 Mar 2015
Dear thanks for the question.

It can be infection in body, problem with liver or spleen. I suspect infection for this. Your husband needs to under go liver work up, blood culture and sensitivity to come to a definitive diagnosis. You follow your doctor's advise.

I hope my reply will benefit you. Please write for follow up queries. I wish your husband good health. Kindly write a feedback. Thanks