What causes high sedimentation rate in a child after tonsillectomy?

Does it cost to ask? My daughter who is 6 now had a septic hip last November. She had problems with granuloma that wouldn t leave and infected. They redid the surgery a month ago. When she was first in the hospital her sed rate was 34. They were down and she just had her tonsils out yesterday. I asked the doc last week when they were drawing her blood to check her sed rate again. They normally don t, but I thought they should double check to be safe. She told me yesterday after surgery, her sed rate is back up to 30. Should I be concerned? She seems healthy but has had dark eyes and redness around and weird skin problems since before her septic hip. They tested her at one point for leukemia and had to get a medical specialists opinion because her rates were hight but not too high. They deemed her fine but said to watch her levels and sometimes cancers can show up later when a kid seems fine. I am a little concerned about the rates being high, but not too much at this point. Do you think it could be from her tonsils? She is 42 pounds
Thu, 24 Aug 2017