What causes high cholesterol?

What causes high cholesterol?
Fri, 11 Dec 2009
's  Response
Combination of diet (the foods you eat-especially animal products) and heredity/genetics.

I was just told I have high cholesterol it is 6 I am not over weight, I do excersice I eat fairly healthy hardly eats sweets or junk food I do have 90% piece of chocolate every day is there other reason that cause this I am 65 and never had problems efore.

I am a 52 year old white female. My total cholesterol is 213. My HDL is 102, triglycerides 78, and LDL 95. While I am glad that my HDL is high...it means that my overall cholesterol is high which prevents my insurance company from giving an annual discount on cost. What are your thoughts? Is my cholesterol really high?

I have a cholesterol of 239 hdl of 30 ldl of 164 trig of 88. Was wondering if coffee creamer and eating fatty foods a few days before my test would make these negative results. I eat healthy most of the time. Have a active job, no not exercise and am probably about 10lbs over weight.

Recent questions on  Cholesterol

5'6" 175lbs in great shape. I run and walk and weight train. my heart started to "stutter" about 4 or 5 days ago and is increasing in occurence. sometimes multiple stutters. 47 years old. no history of heart disease. low cholesterol levels. low blood pressure.

Hi, My ages is 41.Height is 5ft 8 inches.Weight is 67 kg. I dont have any medical history. No sugar . No B.P. No cholesterol. I ave hair loss of Male pattern baldness.From past 1 year i have a small cyst/lump on the center of head which has increased to 1 cm dia. Does not pain. How do i get it cured/removed?

i have dark nuckles, toes, knees and elbows. having done a bit of research i think its acanthosis. however having looked at the causes of acanthosis i.e obesity, high cholesterol, etc - i dont have any of them. i ve always had darkness around my nuckles, toes, etc. I would like to know if there is a cosmetic procedure which would fix it. Thank you i dont have any medical problems, i m 22.

Sir, My Urine report show Albumin present, Large number of puscells/HPF, Sugar Fasting is 80mg%, Post Parandial111mg%, Utric acid 49mg%, Cholestrol 191mg%. Total Cholestrol 191mg%, HDL 44MG%, Triglyceride 135mg%,LdL 120mg%.What does this report mean.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Hi, Can you please check my blood, ecg and usg reports and let me know on which areas should I take care? Also, any suggestions on any specific diet to control the problem areas and medications if any?

My Mother has gone through the medical health check-up.I need your input over the attached reports.