Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

What causes high blood sugar level in children ?

A child, my nephew of age 3 years found high daibtic before 10 days onlly, admitted in guru ramdass hospital walla in children ward in the observation of doc. Karuna Thapper. But couldnot control, in morning fasting is verylow like 16/36/40/etc and after eating meter show high suger. please suggest me
Asked On : Thu, 7 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  119
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.He is having type 1 diabetes.In intial days the dose of insulin needs titration as per the patient.So it may take a while to get normal.This can happen as both the patients and parents are not used to this and they are just recovering from shock of diabetes.Please keep consulting a pediatrician or diabetologist in your city and he will be fine.As the child is very young parents needs to understand things fully before taking discharge from the hospital.
wishing him good health.
Answered: Wed, 6 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor