• question-icon

What causes heavy gastric problem?

Hi myself prasad i have been suffering from heavy gastric problem since three months. even i went to emergency ward due to pressure on chest. i have gone through ecg test twice which was normal. this is not continuous but it happened almost thrice from last three months pls help me. dr adviced this is just my anxiety
Mon, 12 May 2014
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
I am Dr.R.K and I am pleased to assist you.
You are probably having gastroesophageal reflux causing pressure in the chest which is getting worsened by anxiety.
Gastroesophageal reflux disease is a condition in which stomach contents reflux in to the foodpipe causing symptoms.
You need to take medications like esomeprazole for relief. For relief from anxiety, the simplest thing to do is do meditation and deep breathing exercises.
I usually advise my patients to do this before prescribing medications for controlling anxiety.
I hope that answers your question.
Dr.R.K