What causes heavy bleeding with endometrial thickness 17.2 mm?

My daughter is 13 years old. Her scan report says her endometrial thickness is 17.2 mm. Is this harmful. Doctor advised her to take Sysron-N for 25 days. This month cycle she got heavy periods, now she taking the tablet to arrest the bleeding. Is it OK. Anything to worry about this problem
Wed, 15 Mar 2017
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Hi, there is no problem in that. Actually at this age sometimes ovary doesn't produce eggs, so the endometrial thickness increases on its own and when it increases to the maximum, it starts shedding which results in heavy periods. So, it is anovulatory bleeding. Generally progesterone is given to stop that bleeding which has been prescribed to you by your doctor. She can take some hormonal treatment for 2 to 3 months to get her periods normally. After some time this problem will resolve on its own.