What causes heaviness in the stomach during pregnancy?

I am on my 28th week pregnancy and I feel heaviness in my lower stomach when I walk for 5 minutes or more. Also if I stand for a bit longer time..30 minutes or more.. I feel tired and feel like resting for a while..is this normal? Should I take complete bed rest?
Fri, 14 Nov 2014
Hello.
It can be due to the weight of the baby or due to gas and distension. This is usually not worrisome.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal ,For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
drrakhitayal@gmail.com