What causes heaviness in the chest after climbing stairs?

I HAVE NEVER HAD ISSUES WITH STEPS , I AM NOW HAVING TROUBLE WALKING UP STEPS , WHEN I GET TO THE TOP OF 4 FLIGHTS IT FEELS LIKE AN ELEPHANT IS SITTING ON MY CHEST , I WAS RUNNING UP STEPS A FEW WEEKES AGO, AND THE OTHER DAY I RAN ACROSS THE STREET AND I FELT AGAIN VERY HEAVY IN THE CHEST AND FELT AS IF I WAS GOING TO PASS OUT. I CAN BREATHE , TAKE DEEP BREATHES EASILY WITH NO PAIN IS THIS HEART? OR LUNGS. I HAVE NO PAIN IS ARMS AND I DONT FEEL TIRED
Thu, 21 Jun 2018
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

After going through your medical query I understand your concern for your health and I would like to tell you that chest heaviness and breathlessness on heavy exertion is indicating towards Angina which means you can be suffering with coronary artery disease which requires proper evaluation. Kindly get an ECG, Echocardiography and Treadmill test done and consult with a Cardiologist for further management. You may require to undergo an Angiography.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.