What causes headaches and dizziness after a head injury?

Hello, My daughter was hit in the head by another student s knee as she was doing a stunt for cheerleading. She has complained of her head hurting and feeling dizzy when she moves her head too quickly. Are these symptoms of a concussion? Should I give her aspirin?
Wed, 20 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

* The headache with dizziness is a part of concussion phenomenon observed in wide range of head injury patients.
* In our clinic, I recommend hospital admission of the patient, intravenous medications with thorough follow up clinically to decide further need of CT scan brain.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.