What causes headache with sore neck?

I have had a stiff/sore neck (on the left side) for about 2 days. At first it felt liked slept funny on it but now it is very painful. In addition, I now have a severe headache that shoots pain in the front of my head whenever I stand up or make any sudden movements. It doesnt feel like a sinus headache or a migraine. I don t feel nauseous or have fever. Could the headache be caused by my stiff neck, and if so, how best to treat?
Mon, 25 Nov 2019

It most likely due to the stiffness of the neck which you got after lying down in the wrong position. Since no giddiness or vomiting, there will be most likely no serious issues.

Keep moving your neck and don't keep it stiff and you can apply an over the counter pain balm which you should not massage much.

Just apply it lightly and give hot fomentation. Flexibility will increase and pain will be relieved. Try not taking over the counter oral drugs for pain without proper consultation.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Srija. J, General & Family Physician