• question-icon

What causes headache, nausea and night sweats?

My stepson is 35 and in reasonable good health. For the past two weeks he has had terrible headaches, nausea, unable to keep much food down and serious night sweats some night requiring him to change the sheets up to three times. He went to an Urgent Care the first week and was told he probably had a virus. Now two weeks later not much change. He doesn t want to go back to the clinic because he s the stubborn type and feels the dr doesn t know much. I realize that these symptoms could be indicative of something serious. What are your thoughts?
Thu, 10 Jan 2019

I agree with the doctor that the symptoms can be related to a viral infection. I recommend him to use anti-inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen three times a day daily.

If the symptoms continue I recommend him to do a complete blood count and a stool test for further evaluation and specific treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician