• question-icon

What causes headache and nausea in the early mornings?

sir my name is adv. s a makroo and i belong to srinagar j&K india. sir i have a problem that is when i get up in the morning i feel headache, sometimes i have headache of whole head and sometimes one side headache, i also feel nausea. i consulted all best doctors of my state. some of them say it is migrain some say it is vascular headache. i have undergone many tests like ct scan full blood examination and ultrasound also and all tests are normal. however my biliriubin level remains increased @ 2.4. but the doctors to whom i have consulted say it is benign jaundce and it has remained increased since my childhood. the headache problem is for last six years and it gets enhanced when i eat sour things like lemon,tomato or pulses or potatoes or eggs.
Fri, 24 Oct 2014
HI
Thanks for posting your query to Healthcaremagic.

Two things I want to comment about.

1. Your evaluation for headache is Incomplete.
2. Your symptoms do suggest Migraine but probably you might have not got a proper treatment for that.

A normal CT scan will not confirm that everything is fine with the brain. Ideally a MRI Brain has to be done to see if there are any problems in the brain . I advise you get it done. Also get your Eyesight checked.

Your symptoms that too Headache getting triggered by eating Lemon, Sour items are classical of Migraine. For treatment of Migraine you need to take certain medicines ( for example Sibelium ) daily for 4-8 months and not a short course .

I advise you to consult your doctor again and ask for Tab. Sibelium and take it daily for 3 months and see the difference.

Hope you find this information useful.

Any clarifications or Queries feel free to ask.
Happy to help you.

Regards.