What causes hair loss and excessive weight loss?

I am a 35 yrs woman I am having many problems I have hair loss on the top of my head I m not completely bald but I m losing hair my hair is thinning over the past 2 months I have lost 30 or 40 pounds I m not for sure because I don t know how much I weighed then and I don t know how much I weigh now I ve lost about 4 or 5 pant sizes I am completely depressed my whole body aches sometimes I don t have any problem sleeping sometimes I feel like my skin hurts and I can feel my bones I get dizzy throughout the day and I m having a hard time eating I haven t been to the doctor because I have a special needs child and I m a very busy mother that can t seem to make time for myself usually I m completely healthy with no health problems that s when I go to the doctor only go to the doctor when I m really sick and I want up in the emergency room if I m really sick is there any way that you can give me an idea what may be wrong with me maybe I m just depressed but I m really worried that they may be something really wrong with me
Tue, 10 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

First of all please give yourself a lot of credit as you are doing everything in your capacity. Secondly your symptoms do sound of low moods/depression. I suggest you start focusing on your nutrition first. Secondly please start some form of home exercises/deep breathing exercises/yoga, which will further help you to combat these low moods. And thirdly, only when you are fit and healthy and happy can you make everyone around you especially your son happy and look after him well. I suggest you kindly visit your concerned doctor to get yourself thoroughly evaluated.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Smruti Pevekar