What causes groin odor and itchiness?

Hi there, I’ve been having problems with my private area for quite a bit now but too embarrassed to go to my gp. At times it can get itchy and there’s always a constant odor.!8 was using canestin trush cream and that was clearing it but anytime I would stop using it, it would come back. There is also slight discharge but nothing abnormal
Mon, 2 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Perhaps you have a fungal infection of groin folds. Sweat, heat, humidity, and occlusion favor growth the of the fungus. I suggest you to use an antifungal dusting powder, e.g., Clotrimazole 1% dusting powder, 2-3 times a day. It would keep the area dry as well as being an antifungal would prevent the growth of the fungus.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Kakkar S.