What causes green stools and sandpaper body rash in toddlers?

My 3 year old son has had a pale pink sandpaper body rash for almost two weeks. He started with a very bad cough and sore throat. That is now gone. He tested negative for strep, flu, and RSV. For the last 5 days he has had green stools and has them 4 or 5 times a day. The opening of his penis is also red, This is something I have never noticed before. Is there any need to worry. His diet has not changed recently and he does not eat green leafy vegetables. Thank you for your help.
Fri, 7 Feb 2014