What causes frequent,heavy period and spotting after menopause?

I am a 51 year old woman who has been test for menopause and found not yet in that state. I have frequent, heavy period and spotting to the tune of bleeding up to 14- 20 days a month. I am currently taking iron as prescribed because my hemoglobin was so low. My Obgyn has prescribed Lo Loestrin FE to help regulate my period but I have never been on the pill in my life. I ve already lost my right tube and had my left one tied. My pap was normal. I ve never had children. I am very sensitive to hormones and STILL have a very high libo. The side effects seem just as bad as my condition with breakthrough bleeding. At my age will this RX help me?
Sat, 30 Mar 2019