What causes frequent urination and leg ache after a rotator cuff surgery?

I just had a rotator cuff surgery. when I got home, from the outpatience hospital, I notice that I have to use the bathroom more than the norm. In Addition, when I sit down on the camoe, and get up, I get an excruciating pain on my left leg. I am not sure what is happening. I was not experiencing this symptom before the procedure. Please advise what is going on Please confirm
Wed, 11 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

A urinary tract infection is a common cause of frequent urination and this is the first thing to think of. An overactive bladder is another common cause but usually seen on elderly,although it may be seen in youngs as well. Overactive bladder is usually a collection of symptoms that can lead to frequent urination. These include: urinary urgency, or the sudden urge to urinate, caused by muscle contraction, urge incontinence, or loss of bladder control. Excessive caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol may also irritate the bladder walls and can worsen frequent urination symptoms. Treatment for frequent urination depends on the cause. Your doctor will first treat the primary disease responsible for frequent urination, such as diabetes. If an infection is at fault, your doctor will prescribe antibiotics for getting rid of the infection. Medications that control the muscle spasms in the bladder can help reduce urinary incontinence, or loss of bladder control. Your doctor also may suggest doing pelvic exercises, such as Kegels or bladder retraining exercises, to help delay urination.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.