I've gone through your query and I understand quite well your concern
Based on what you referred to me, I strongly doubt that you have Dumping syndrome. This syndrome appears after gastric surgery and it can be much more difficult to regulate movement of food, which dumps too quickly from stomach into the small intestine
. Eating certain foods makes dumping syndrome more likely. These symptoms usually occur right after eating, especially after sweet and sugary foods and juices. Beside your symptoms that you are experiencing (dizziness
, rapid heart beat and nausea, which are symptoms of an early phase of this syndrome) other symptoms include: abdominal cramps, vomiting
etc.In dumping syndrome, food and gastric juices moves very quickly and in uncontrolled manner from stomach to your small intestine.
Treatment: You can control this disease by making changes in what and how you eat.
1. avoid eating sugar other sweets, sweets drinks
2. Also avoid dairy products and alcohol.
3. Remember : avoid eating solids and drinking liquids during the same meal. Please, don't drink 30 minutes before and 30 minutes after meals!!
4. Use fiber supplements, such as psyllium
or Konsyl), methylcellulose (Citrucel)
5. Use sugar replacements, such as Splenda etc. instead of sugar.
6. Drink plenty of water 6-8 glasses a day ( important to prevent hydratation!!) Drink liquids 45-50 minutes after meals
7. Mantain a healthy diet: fresh fruits and vegetables , whole- grain breads and cereals.
8. Eat small portions (5-6 small meals a day): cut them into small pieces and chew well.
Please consult your doctor in order to confirm diagnosis. He may order a test (oral glucose tolerance test
) to measure your blood sugar level at the peak time of your symptoms to help confirm the diagnosis.
Hope this information is useful to you
Dr. Ermira Biu