What causes foul smelling urination?

What causes foul, strong smelling urine? I have noticed this since starting to take levothyroxine a couple months ago. I drink 4 to 5 glasses of water a day and have for several years. Have not had this problem until around the time I was prescribed levothyroxine for diagnosis of borderline hypothyroid. Have no other changes I can think of. Have had a urine sample taken around the same time I started taking the prescription as well as a blood test 3 months after starting levothyroxine. No problems were found and my thyroid is within normal range. Thanks for advice.
Fri, 23 Feb 2018
hi
The presence of bacteria in the urine, such as with a urinary tract infection (UTI), can affect the appearance and smell of urine. When there is an infection in the urinary tract, the urine may take on a foul-smelling odor as well as appear cloudy or bloody. A burning sensation during urination may be a symptom of a UTI. The urine may also have an abnormally sweet odor in uncontrolled diabetes, and some rare genetic conditions can also cause the urine to have an abnormal or strange odor.

common causes
bladder infection
diabetes type 1 and 2
phenylketonuria
dehydration
hyperglycemia
heat rash

other causes includes
Asparagus Consumption
Dietary Factors
Liver Failure
Maple Syrup Urine Disease
Medications
Rectal Fistula
Urethritis.

treatment.
find the cause and symptomatic + antibiotics and hygiene

I hope you happy with information thank you.