What causes fluid drainage from leg after removal of a tumor?

My mother had surgery on her upper leg to remove a tumor. After her leg filled with fluid, has had a drain in a few months back, the drain was removed now fluid is leaking like mad, 250cc or more every day. Could something in her lymphatic system be damaged? It has been six Months since the surgery.
Thu, 21 Mar 2019

The symptoms are typically suggestive of seroma.

Nothing much to worry and it will settle with conservative management.

Consult a general surgeon and he will direct you accordingly. You might require serial aspiration and compressive dressing.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician