What causes fluctuation in platelet counts?

i have fluctuation in platelet counts...it goes as much less as 50% of the minimum count and becomes normal without any medication after a week or so. now i am in trimester (6th week). wl this have any complications in my pregnancy. what diet should i take to increase my platelet count
Wed, 6 Jan 2016
Hi there,
More than the fluctuations in platelet count, we need to make sure that it doesn't get to be less than 1 lakh/dl. Platelets are known to fluctuate in pregnancy. But the lowest level should not be less than one lakh. As this will need precautions during delivery. And platelet levels less than 50,000 do sometimes require platelet transfusions.
But do not worry as most low platelets in pregnancy are gestational and revert back to normal themselves after delivery. There is not much relation of platelets to diet and there is no recommended diet.
Hope this helps.
Regards.