What causes fever, irritation in throat, inability to swallow and vomiting?

MY SON HAS HAD STREPTOCHOCCAL INFECTION SINCE THE LAST ONE YR. HE WAS TREATED WITH PENICILLIN FOR 3 MTHS DURING WHICH HE SHOWED NO FURTHER SYMPTOMS OF IT. HOWEVER ,AFTER THE MEDICATION WAS STOPPED , WITHIN 3 WEEKS HE STARTED COMPLAINING OF A SORE THROAT - WAS UNABLE TO SWALLOW FOOD . ON THE NEXT DAY HE STARTED VOMITING (SALIVA AND MUCOUS LIQUID AS HE HAD NO FOOD). THESE ARE THE SAME SYSMPTOMS HE HAD SHOWN 3 MONTHS BACK. TODAY ITS THE 2ND DAY OF NOT EATING ANYTHING AND EVEN HALF A GLASS OF WATER CAUSES HIM TO VOMIT AND SOME IRRITATION (IN THE THROAT??) MAKES HIM WANT TO PUKE. HE HAS GOWN WEAK AND IS FEVERISH. EVEN CALPOL SYRUP HAS BEEN VOMITED OUT. KINDLY ADVICE.

NANYA SEN
Mon, 12 Oct 2015