What causes fever and cough in a child?

we went to the doctor on thursday with my seven year old. she had low grade fevers and a cough and was complaining her chest hurt and her right side. Dr. said ears fine, sinuses fine, lungs fine, and sent us on our way. today 3 days into this her cough is worse and still running low grade fevers what do you think?
Mon, 23 Oct 2017
Hi, welcome to HCM. Can understand your concerns. Fever and cough can occur in upper respiratory tract infection and viral flu infection. You need to get the child examined by a doctor. Take care.