What causes fever and chills?

I think I have the flu, all the symptoms for the past 4 days. In the evening my temperatur rises to 101, and I am VERY cold! Even with 2 sweatshirts and thermal underwear! I have been drink fliuids and hot tea as I do not have an appetite...plus initially a very SORE THROAT. wHAT TO DO? AMOXICILLIAN?
Wed, 28 Mar 2018
Anesthesiologist 's  Response

Since you have all the infectious symptoms, I would prefer you to treat with Augmentin for five to seven days. Take more of water and eat nutritious food. Take a rest well. If fever persists, you can always take paracetamol every six hours until it subsides.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Archana