What causes feeling of obstruction in the throat?

doctor, for the past one week i am having a feeling of obstruction in my throat. i feel no pain, burning or itching.
i just feel that there is something stuck in my throat. the feeling is there all the time since it started last week. the feeling is more towards the left n i also notice that my uvula is deviated to the left. i have had episodes of throat allergies for the past few years n i used to feel itchy sensations in my throat. i used to rub the back of my throat with my tongue n the itchyness would subside. i have been doing this for the past 4-5 years. kindly help diagnose the problem. thank you
Thu, 3 Mar 2016