• question-icon

What causes fatigue, nausea, diarrhea and chills?

I am a 25-year-old female. Have the following symptoms: fatigue, nearly constant nausea, diarrhea, chills. The symptoms usually last a few days. Then I'm symptom-free for a few months, then they come back. Sometimes the symptoms last longer than a few days, maybe a week or so. A doctor has said gastroenteritis but I don't think that's it. Please help. Thanks.
Tue, 11 Dec 2018

It can be viral gastroenteritis attack of gi tract. But your complaint is repeated at frequent interval. So underlying cause should be ruled out. For that stool routine micro examination and colonoscopy like investigations suggested.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Parth Goswami, General & Family Physician