What causes fatigue and appetite loss after recovering from typhoid?

hi my mom has been treated for typhoid fever. she was in the hospital for 6 days. After release from the hospital, a nurse came to our house thrice a day for 3 days to give her antiobiotics through IV. She is 63 years old. She is still feeling lethargic and has no appetite? Should we take her back to the hospital or is this normal
Mon, 17 Dec 2018

It is quite common after a bout of infection. Nothing much to worry and it will settle by itself.

As of now drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated. If symptoms persist, it is better to consult a physician and get evaluated.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician