What causes facial numbness and high BP with family history of cardiac arrest?

My son-in-law, 37, fit and not overweight, went into the hospital emergency yesterday with face numbness and very high blood pressure. His cardiac enzymes were elevated. He was admitted and received heparin to reduce his blood pressure and he just went through a cardiac stress test...what are they looking for and should he expect to be discharged today? Would that be a good idea? His mother died of cardiac arrest in her mid to late forties.
Mon, 27 May 2019