What causes extreme fatigue and excessive sleepiness?

my husband is 53 and has been experiencing extreme tiredness. It doesn t matter how much he gets for sleep he is always exhausted. He literally can sit down and within a matter of minutes will fall asleep. He is not overweight and is active all day.
Thu, 28 Jun 2018
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

According to the history he should do a plolysomnography to exclude sleep apnea.Discuss with his doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.