What causes excessive weight loss with history of lung cancer?

I have been to my pca and cancer doctor and they cant find out why I have lost over 40 pounds in 6 months!! I had stage 4 lung to eye cancer 16 years ago and I feel just like I did then. I had a pet scan and a very small spot was found on my left lung this time. Telling me its to small to test it. But now almost two years and nothing has been done to see if its any bigger. Help please
Thu, 21 Jun 2018
Oncologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

I would advise you to do a PET CT scan.
Then biopsy has to be done to see whether the small spots are cancerous.
Since you are loosing weight you need to eat more proteins in your diet.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.