What causes excess weight gain during menopause?

I am 53. Female, stopped having my period two years ago. When I was 48 I suddenly gained 30 pounds in 3 months after years of being in prime shape I have lost all muscle tone, and can t lose weight. I don t eat hardly anything as I don t have an appetite. I am very active and don t smoke. Please help
Tue, 26 May 2015
Hello dear,
Welcome to HCM. There are lots of causes:
-high blood pressure, heart disease, and diabetes;
-lower estrogen levels tend to eat more and be less physically active. Reduced estrogen may also lower metabolic rate,that's why you may need to increase the amount of time and intensity of exercises.
-hypothyroidism;
-hypodinamia.
Wishing you a good health!
Dr.Sagar Gaurav Shrivastva