Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
162 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What causes enlargement of right nipple when compared to left?

Hello, I’m 25 and in the process of losing weight. I’m currently being treated for hypertension and high cholesterol. I was overweight before at 250lbs now after 4mths of exercising I’m at 230. I just recently noticed however, that my right nipple is slightly larger in size than my left. There is no sensitivity even though it looks a bit swollen. What do you think it is? Possibly a case of gynecomastia? If so my chest does not have the appearance of breasts.
Tue, 8 Oct 2019
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,  
Sexologist 's  Response

There will always be a slight change in nipples compared to other. If there is a sudden change. You need to do a ultrasound to rule out and abscess / sudden underlying growth.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care

Dr S.R.Raveendran, Sexologist
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

My 13-yr.old son has a slight enlargement of his left nipple. The nipple itself is not flat like his right one. He has no pain, no tenderness, no...

Recent questions on  Gynecomastia

doctor1 MD

Hello ! I am a 20 year old male & I have gynecomastia. I have went through articles & pictures of gynecomastia so I am sure about my case. It...

doctor1 MD

hi...i am 20 years old & weight 65kgs,suffering from gynecomastia.i have avg boobs size.i have consult the doctor & he adviced the surgery.i need...

doctor1 MD

How do I get rid of gynecomastia? I'm 14 and this problem has been with me for three years and I have done research on how to do it. But is there...

doctor1 MD

Hi ... I'm 27 years old with slim body, male and have like a women boobs on my chest . after some research, I've come across it may be...

doctor1 MD
doctor1 MD

Hi. I'm considering taking trenbolone acetate (briefly) to increase protein uptake for muscle development. I understand that, as long as I limit it...

doctor1 MD

I need some over the counter medicines for A Gynacomotia? What medicines will you recommend?