• question-icon

What causes enlarged spleen and pain beneath chest?

hi im 20 years old, and im having pain just beneath my chest, its a sharp pain, causing me shortness of breath, if i try to breath at the time it hurts, the pain last for less than a minute and it comes and goes, been about a month now. also i noticed that my spleen may have enlarged. Do you know what may be wrong with me?
Mon, 8 Apr 2019

I suggest you do cardiac and abdominal sonography, to rule out possible pericarditis, and after that, the pain may come from the enlarged spleen, not from the heart.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Anila Skenderi, General & Family Physician