What causes elevated BP while suffering from obstructive sleep apnea?

yes. i have been extremly tired and was diagnosed with osa. and using a cpap maching every night almost for a month now. still feeling very tired, faling asleep durning the day at work and such. I dont remember falling asleep at work but when i wake up then i realize that i was sleeping. Tonight I went to the dentist for a cleaning and she took my bp. I have went to this dentist for 40 years, and never mind going in to see them. Tonight though my bp was 203/101. very high. what could be wrong with me?
Tue, 12 Jun 2018
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

After going through your medical query I understand your concern and I would like to tell you that High blood pressure is commonly age related health issue or can be genetics also. Other factors high salt diet, fried and junk food or being over weight are acquired causes of High Blood Pressure. As you mentioned you have OSA that means you can be overwieght (this is what I am guessing that you are overweight as you don't have mentioned here). So, age factor and obesity can be your culprit factors of High Blood Pressure. Kindly start with dietary modifications to low your blood pressure or personally consult your Physician for further management.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.