What causes elbows pain while on treatment for bulging discs?

My husband aged 55 has bulging discs in his neck that he is being treated for. He has opted against surgery. He has also been treated for chronic lymes and the gout. He has never experienced direct pain in his elbow. A few days ago he began to feel slight pain in the left elbow. It is now weakened and he cannot grip with the left arm without pain in his elbow. He plans to see his doctor on Tuesday. What is the best way to treat over the weekend?
Tue, 1 Oct 2019