What causes early morning headaches?

Hello, I wake up every morning with a headache that feel like the top of my head is going to explode. I have found 2 knots on the top right side of my head. They feel like they are about an inch long, side by side ( I call them speed bumps ) that is what they feel like. I have had head aches for many years but this one is different. I am 66 years young but have many health problems and I take strong pain meds.
Wed, 29 Aug 2018

It can be tension headache or headache associated with sinusitis.
You can take analgesics like Tramadol and do frequent steam inhalation for symptomatic relief. If pain persists, you can consult a neurologist and get evaluated.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.