What causes dull tension type headache in back of the head and neck?

about once a week or so, in middle of the night I wake up with dull tension type headache in back of head behind ear above neck. It usually goes away in about 2-3 hours, but highly annoying. I ve wondered if it could be eating to much at night, or based on exercise during day, not enough water, etc.???
Thu, 12 Dec 2019

The symptoms seem to be related to tension type headache. I suggest to measure the blood pressure regularly and glycemic levels for further evaluation. I also suggest to eat healthy, drink liquids and rest.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Dorina Gurabardhi, General & Family Physician