is a sign of depression
aggravates it. You need to follow some tips to combat anxiety/depression
1. Connect with others: Loneliness and isolation set the stage for anxiety. Decrease your vulnerability by reaching out to others. Make it a point to see friends, join a self-help or support group, or share your worries and concerns with a trusted loved one.
2. Practice relaxation techniques: When practiced regularly, relaxation techniques such as mindfulness meditation
, progressive muscle relaxation
, and deep breathing can reduce anxiety symptoms and increase feelings of relaxation and emotional well-being.
3. Exercise regularly: Exercise is a natural stress buster and anxiety reliever. To achieve the maximum benefit, aim for at least 30 minutes of aerobic exercise
on most days.
4. Get enough sleep: A lack of sleep can exacerbate anxious thoughts and feelings, so try to get seven to nine hours of quality sleep a night. If you struggle with sleep, adopting smart sleep habits can make a big difference.
5. Be smart about caffeine and alcohol: If you struggle with anxiety, you may want to consider reducing your caffeine intake or cutting it out completely. Same with alcohol, which can make anxiety worse.
6. Train your brain to stay calm: Worrying is a mental habit you can learn how to break. Strategies such as creating a worry period, challenging anxious thoughts, and learning to accept uncertainty can significantly reduce anxiety and fear.
7. If you have anxiety that’s severe enough to interfere with your ability to function, medication may help relieve your symptoms. You need to visit a psychiatrist
who will help you with medications
with regards- Dr Sanjay Kini