What causes drastic weight loss despite a normal blood report?

my 40 yr old son has lost a lot of weight this past year without trying. He went through AA as of 4/4/16. He perspires more than any man I have ever been around. He tends to run extremely warm. He drinks a lot of water but seems to be prone to kidney stones. He has undergone blood tests etc but the Dr has not found anything out of the ordinary in the results. Do you have any suggestions to avenues we can pursue? He is stick thin and cannot afford to loose anymore weight. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Dec 2017
Hello dear. Welcome to HCM. I read your query and understand your concern. I would suggest e thyroid gland check, TSH, T3, T4, and a thyroid ultrasound. Hyperthiroidism gives weight loss. Take care
Hope my answer was helpful, if yes vote helpful.
Regards, Dr Olgeta Xhufka ( general and family physician)