Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online

What causes drastic weight loss despite a normal blood report?

my 40 yr old son has lost a lot of weight this past year without trying. He went through AA as of 4/4/16. He perspires more than any man I have ever been around. He tends to run extremely warm. He drinks a lot of water but seems to be prone to kidney stones. He has undergone blood tests etc but the Dr has not found anything out of the ordinary in the results. Do you have any suggestions to avenues we can pursue? He is stick thin and cannot afford to loose anymore weight. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Dec 2017
Answers:  1 Views:  2
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello dear. Welcome to HCM. I read your query and understand your concern. I would suggest e thyroid gland check, TSH, T3, T4, and a thyroid ultrasound. Hyperthiroidism gives weight loss. Take care
Hope my answer was helpful, if yes vote helpful.
Regards, Dr Olgeta Xhufka ( general and family physician)
Answered: 6 days ago
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor