What causes dizziness and weakness after switching from Oxycodone to Hydrocodone-Acetaminophen?

My mother s doctor changed her prescription from Oxycodone to hydrocodone Acetaminophen on Friday. She took the new medicine starting yesterday morning and woke up today (Sunday) dizzy, weak, and sick to her stomach. Should she continue with the new meds or go back to the oxycodone today?
Tue, 3 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.

I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Yes, these symptoms are common with this drugs.

However they are not permanent, So I would advise if the symptoms are not very troublesome. She should continue for few days. However, if symptoms are unbearable then you should stop it and return to your doctor before any decision .

Hope I have answered your query.

Let me know if I can assist you further.