Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
142 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What causes dizziness and restlessness?

Hello? I am 36 years old female in ok health. I have cardiogenic neuropathic syncopy and a the largest pfo my cardiologist has seen. My cardiologist has dismissed me and let me go back to my family dr. I have not seen a pcp in about 4 years. I take no mess. I have been experiencing dizziness and lightheaded like I m going to pass out for about 48 hours now. I unfortunately am not able to just rest. I have been taking in a lot of fluids and feel better for about 1 hour then worse again. What is this and how do I get it to stop. I have also been having what I would describe as gallops. With my heart beats. And when I get excited or worked up it becomes much more pronounced.
Wed, 8 Aug 2018
Report Abuse
Neurologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

I must point out that if you have that large of a PFO you really must get that closed. You are at a significant risk for embolic stroke in the future. Other symptoms likely due to the mixing and shunting of deoxygenated blood into your arterial system which means your brain (and other organs) are running at suboptimal oxygenation. Something doesn't quite make sense in terms of the cardiologist telling you to just "go back to your PCP." Whatever the other details are in your case. Your focus should be on getting that PFO repaired. Do that and you can look forward to many of your symptoms extinguishing. If not, then, as you get older things will likely accelerate and other complications may begin to happen. Such as stroke as I said before.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

i cant be around people or go places because i get really worried i want to hide i cant breath right (tight chest) my ears ring i get hot i start...