What causes dizziness and palpitations while on Ranexa, Gemfibrozil, Metformin, Gabapentin and Glimepiride?

My brother has been ill from taking too many chemicals daily! I need to know why? how are these pills conflicting with each other, and causing him such harm! My Brother is always tire, dizzy, heart palpitation, hand shaky, etc... Currently he takes the following:Two for Cholesterol: Ranexa and Gemfibrozil, three for Diabetics, and one for Arthritis: Ranexa ,Gemfibrozil ,Metformin , Gabapentin ,Glimepiride & Buprofen. Please advise, much appreciate it... Thanks. Bella De Soto
Wed, 27 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

This amounts to polypharmacy. Out of these drugs, Gabapentin and Ibuprofen (essentially pain reliever) can be eased out to my mind.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.