What causes dizziness and lightheadedness when on BP medication?

I have RA & my doctor wants me on high blood pressure meds - my bp is usually less than 120 / 80 - occassionaly it does go up - thus the blood pressure meds.-----I have a lot of dizzyness and light head. trying to find something that will work better - taking Naproxen sodium for RA.
Wed, 2 Apr 2014
Diabetologist 's  Response
Dear sir

Dizziness and lightheadedness is caused due to sudden decrease in the blood pressure or persistent low blood pressure.

Secondly review your blood pressure, even though your blood pressure might appear normal but there will variation in the posture and time.

Your blood pressure might increase in the morning and decrease in the night or viceversa.

So what best you can do is to review your blood pressure three times a day. especially in the night times, adjust your medications so that you will not overload the tablets once a time.

Thanks