What causes dizziness and heaviness in the head after air travel?

Hello Doctor, My Mother has been experiencing dizzy spells and heavy head since mid 2015. The only thing she did differently before then was long distant flight. She said she was scared in the flight and could not sleep all through and she travelled alone. She has since gone for different tests and scans and no one has correctly diagnosed the cause of this symptoms. Please help me as I do not want my mother to die. What does she need to do? No the: she has been on medication since being diagnosed of high blood pressure and blood sugar in 2009.
Thu, 21 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

I really appreciate your concern, if all the tests are normal then the symptoms that your mother has got like dizziness, could be due to phobia. It may not be a pathological disease, I would advise you to support her morally. Make sure that everything is alright for her and no need to worry about anything, even I would advise you not worry.

Hope I have answered your query, let me know if I can assist you any more.