What causes discomfort in lower rib cage with nausea and burning sensation?

I've had a sensation of discomfort in the lower left area below my ribcage with nausea and burning sensations like heartburn on an on off basis for six months. I have seen a doctor who concluded that they couldn't find anything obvious. I also have issues with retching when I eat or brush my teeth. When i brushed my teeth yesterday I started gagging as usual and vomited up what looked like a small piece of pink tissue. I'm fairly sure this isn't normal or healthy and I'm guessing it's my stomach lining?. The pain is now constant, affecting my ability to eat or move comfortably and causing me some distress. I am waiting to see a doctor but am concerned this is fairly serious?
Thu, 15 Mar 2018