What causes difficulty in eating and sleeping along with dry heaving?

Hello thankyou for taking the time out of your day to answer my question I fear my relative is sick. He can not eat or sleep he has a problem going to the bathroom and constantly throws up but nothing comes out he is only 37 so I am curious what is wrong he also contains thoughts that are dangerous to himself and others
Fri, 1 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

symptom vomiting with loss of appetite and sleep disturbances could be sing of some infection and hepato-biliary disease could be the reason it may be hepatic infection, it may be viral disease, such case really demands several investigations, one more possibility of functional disorders the disease called "Anorexia Nervosa" it need to be ruled out too.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.